Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tripping out on a list to check.

I'm going over some final preparations, checking my list not once but thrice... just want to make sure that nothing is naughty but that it's all nice.

I said I was going to pack light this trip and shed the non-essentials.  even after trimming my toolkit to about half the size I had, it's still huge.

As you may already know, I travel alone all the time so it's not like I can split the load between other riders.

If there's anyone that thinks I need more or fewer items, let me know.


The 2012 list

Electronics

  • GPS (Zumo 550)
  • XM radio
  • laptop & mouse
  • SPOT GPS messenger
  • GOPRO hero2 (and accessories)
  • Camera & batteries
  • memory cards (for GPS, and both cameras)
  • Cell phone (and cable/wall plug)
  • bluetooth intercom/headset
  • bluetooth dongle
  • usb  to mini usb cables x2
  • 12v socket adapter

Camping Gear

  • bug spray
  • bug nets
  • Boonie hat
  • sleeping bag
  • tent
  • air mattress
  • camp stove (multi-fuel)
  • lighter
  • pot
  • stainless steel bowl
  • stainless steel mug
  • hot dog fork
  • Gerber axe/saw combo
  • knife/fork/spoon combo w/ can opener
  • spork
  • White fuel
  • foil
  • flashlight
  • headlamp
  • fire starter
  • toilet paper
  • camp soap
  • camp towels
  • pot scrubber
  • knife
  • tea
  • small bottle of hot sauce
  • Mrs dash
  • bear pepper spray
  • bear bell

Clothing


  • socks x4 (wool)
  • underwear x4
  • shorts/swimsuit x1
  • jeans x1
  • tshirt x3
  • water shoes
  • long underwear x1


Moto Gear


  • olympia suit and liners
  • helmet
  • gloves
  • boots

Moto extras


  • shield cleaner & microfibre cloth
  • winter/rain gloves
  • rain suit
  • motor oil
  • chain oil
  • ear plugs X1
  • spare key
  • 1 L MSR bottle spare gas
  • goggles
  • helmet liner (fireproof and in case of extreme cold)

Tool kit

  • tubes (1x front, 1x back)
  • spoons x2
  • patch kit
  • mini compressor
  • spare headlight
  • spare fuses (from 2A to 30A)
  • spare clutch cable
  • spare throttle pull cable
  • wire and crimp connectors
  • metal zip ties
  • vinyl zip ties
  • duct tape
  • electrical tape
  • spare bolts and nuts
  • gorilla glue/epoxy
  • combo 3/8 + 1/4 socket wrench 
  • sockets from 5mm to 17mm
  • screw driver bits and driver
  • pliers
  • small vice grips
  • spare 12v relay
  • spare PIAA 1100x bulb

Personal / Misc

  • meds
  • deck of cards
  • Benedryl
  • Tylenol/advil
  • Leatherman
  • sunglasses
  • toothbrush
  • floss
  • Chapstick
  • passport
  • registration and insurance
  • moleskin journal w pen & pencil
  • maps
  • ziplock freezer bags
  • kitchen garbage bags
  • first aid kit

The smaller To-Do list

Just a few things to finish up on the bike.  
  • I have yet to install the PIAA 1100x and switch on the bike.
  • I also need to install a new SAE connector to the battery with a switch and fuse so that I will be able to connect my 12v compressor and a 12 volt socket to charge all my electronics while riding.
  • I need to install my voltage meter onto the bike to ensure i'm not draining the battery
  • I'm also waiting for my two 30 cal ammo cans to come from the east coast and
  • waiting on delivery of the quick mounts from the same people that make my panniers (happy-trail)
besides a wash and add on some stickers I hadn't put on from my last trip... there's not much left to do.

the countdown clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment