Saturday, June 23, 2012

Total Recall.... 2 weeks


I'm having a 'Total Recall' moment right now.

If you haven't seen the movie, here's the clip I feel like a the moment and is stuck in my head.

two weeks... two weeks... two weeks.

get ready for a big surprise! boom.


I need to relax and just live and let die. Erm... I meant live.

I haven't had much saddle time since 2010.  2011 was a write off, due to a few factors.  I was too busy for work, going through a major depressive phase, and frankly just didn't want to ride. When mental health, physical health and just all around busy with work and life took over my life... i stopped riding.

This year I've been plagued by health issues (hives) and the meds I was on made me so tired I could barely do anything.
Other considerations of why I didn't ride was so that the bike would be in tip top shape for the run across the eastern provinces.  I didn't want to use up the tires and other consumables before going out on an adventure.

But I did do a bunch on the bike.  Beast is ready to drop into gear... Now i must get my brain in alignment for the ride.

Here's the latest on Beast.  I put the 30 cal Ammo boxes on the bike (now lockable) and my PIAA lights as well.
Beast naked

 Beast Bareback

 Nice set of cans

big blue eyes (PIAA 1100x)


I now have some freeze dried food, a small shovel (in case i poop in the woods and for a fire pit) and some water purification tablets... hopefully to keep the beaver fever at bay for now.

I know these pics are lame, but hopefully the GoPro hero 2 with my canon camera will be able to take some nice shots out there.

And again, here's the calendar;

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Al. Good luck on your adventure. Linda and I will be leaving July 18 for the island. Spending a week with our son and family in Stephenville, then two weeks tracing the coast to St John's. More time there with family then cross back Aug 21. But we'll be on all paved roads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just realized i can reply to comments!
      unfortunately we will not cross paths, currently in st john's now and leaving Argentia in 2 days!

      have fun on your trip :)

      Delete